Four Top NJ Restaurants Cook for Body & Soul –
A Night for the Senses with Fine Wine & Cuisine and Soulful Jazz
to benefit Jazz House Kids, February 28
Get ready! We’ve amped up our upcoming 7th annual Body & Soul, Jazz House Kids’ must-attend signature fundraising event! Held on February 28, 2015, Body & Soul blends fine wine, superb cuisine and soulful jazz in one fabulous evening. We’ll have four of the region’s hottest restaurants cooking for us, a new venue, a live auction, superb wines, and of course, great jazz. The evening is generously hosted by Jason and Deborah DeSalvo and the Jazz House Kids Board of Directors.
New this year, we’re thrilled to partner with FOUR of the region’s hottest restaurants:
- Jockey Hollow Bar & Kitchen in Morristown
- Villalobos in Montclair
- Ariane Kitchen & Bar in Verona
- Pig & Prince in Montclair
Each renowned restaurant team will create a menu to celebrate the great eras of jazz and culture guaranteed to wow the palette.
The “Early Show” 6:30-8:00 pm — $250
The evening begins with renowned restaurateur Chris Cannon and his team from the new and highly-acclaimed Jockey Hollow Bar & Kitchen presenting an oyster bar and paired bites at a special patron “Early Show” at 6:30 pm. Guests are treated to a private jazz performance by award-winning Jazz House Kids students, and a tasting of exclusive wines selected by board member emeritus Jason DeSalvo and Sharon Sevrens, proprietor of Amanti Vino, a boutique, artisanal wine shop in Montclair. Jason and Sharon will be on hand to pour, inform and field oenological questions. Patron tickets to the “Early Show” let you stick around for the “Main Set” starting at 8:00 pm, and you’re going to want to hang!
The “Main Set” 8:00-11:00 pm — $150
Our jazz clubs get jumping in the “Main Set” as guests go from room to room experiencing historic eras of jazz and culture.
- Music by the French gypsy jazz band, Manouche Bag will inspire French cuisine by Chef Michael Carrino of Pig & Prince Restaurant and Gastro-Lounge in Montclair
- The all-female, multi-national Latin Jazz orchestra, Coco Mama is featured in the Rhythms of Afro-Latin Jazz room with tapas by Chef Adam Rose of the new, hot Montclair restaurant, Villalobos
- Blues & Soul performed by talented Jazz House Kids emerging musicians at the Juke Joint will stir up Southern cuisine by former Bravo’s Top Chef contestant Ariane Duarte and her team from her new Verona restaurant, Ariane Kitchen & Bar
The well-matched menu of cuisine, along with wine from Amanti Vino, will capture the flavor, feel and sound of these favorite jazz eras.
“For the past six years, Body & Soul has been one of the town’s most highly-anticipated social events of the season where professional jazz musicians, community leaders and new and old friends mingle and mix,” said Melissa Walker, president and founder of Jazz House Kids. “We are so excited to work with four of the hottest restaurants in the region, who have generously donated their time and cuisine for this event. With a new venue at the beautiful, historic Van Vleck House & Gardens, a live action with some really fabulous items, the joint will be swinging while raising funds to support Jazz House Kids. Hope to see you on February 28th!”