24 Aug 2020 BEST OF MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL
JAZZ HOUSE KiDS Hang @ Home Series, presents the BEST of MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL, a virtual Watch Party featuring the iconic original performances of fan-favorite sets from the archives. Curated by Artistic Director CHRISTIAN McBRIDE and Executive Producer MELISSA WALKER, for three nights, 3+ hours per night, the BEST of the MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL presents encore presentations of:
2020 MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL DAY 1
FRIDAY, AUGUST 21
- Dee Dee Bridgewater + Memphis Soulphony (MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL 2017)
- George Coleman Organ Quartet (MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL 2016)
- Eddie Palmieri + His Afro-Caribbean Jazz Sextet (MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL 2019)
2020 MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL DAY 2
SATURDAY, AUGUST 22
- CYRUS CHESTNUT Trio (MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL 2017)
- BETTYE LaVETTE (MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL 2019)
- CHRISTIAN McBRIDE Big Band (MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL 2015)
2020 MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL DAY 3
SUNDAY, AUGUST 23
- JOEY DeFRANCESCO, CHRISTIAN McBRIDE and MARK WHITFIELD (MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL 2019)
- PAQUITO D’RIVERA (MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL 2015)
- JAZZ HOUSE Collective Celebrates ART BLAKEY (MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL 2019)
Playing Through The Changes
For the past 10 years, the MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL, produced by JAZZ HOUSE KiDS has been THE highlight on the August music calendar. New York City region’s largest jazz festival, last year the award-winning MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL welcomed more than 250 artists and over 18,000 music fans including 12,000 at its Grand Finale 10th Anniversary celebration in Nishuane Park. This summer, while the COVID-19 pandemic keeps festival fans apart, JAZZ HOUSE KiDS continues to create and connect community through music.
JAZZ HOUSE KiDS, producer of the MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL, is nationally recognized for bridging the gap in the arts and providing world-class training that advances students both on and off the band stand boosting academic success, life skills and musical skills. When COVID-19 hit, the JAZZ HOUSE barely missed a beat. The organization brought all instruction and extra jazz education classes online for hundreds of students, created pre-recorded masterclasses for underserved in-school programs, launched a global masterclass series and summer programming experience for students from New Jersey to London and Singapore, and provided direct aid and food to their most hard-hit families.
Help JAZZ HOUSE KiDS, producer of the MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL, keep playing through the changes. Donate today!