JAZZ HOUSE KiDS seeks a Social Media Coordinator, based in NJ area, to join our Marketing & Communications Team. In this role, you will be responsible for community management across social media platforms, including content planning, supporting and executing content creation, while keeping a pulse on social media trends. You will use social media insights & analytics to inform future campaigns and initiatives, helping us meet brand and company goals. You are brand-driven, community-centric, and a creative thinker. You are fluent in digital and social platforms and are always looking to learn and present the next big idea. This position will report to the Head of Communications. This position will work regular business hours Monday through Friday as well as be required to oversee social media channels during events and the 2022 MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL summer events, see dates below.
- Work closely with Communications & Marketing team to create and execute social strategy across JAZZ HOUSE KiDS and 2022 MONTCLAIR JAZZ FESTIVAL social channels, including IG, FB, and YouTube
- Lead content planning, copywriting, and content scheduling
- Brainstorm and pitch new social campaigns and/or post ideas
- Work collaboratively with the communication team to develop timely social creative assets
- Track analytics for social performance using tools such as Hootsuite and others.
- Use analytics to identify new opportunities for the organization.
- Spearhead community engagement across all social channels and keeping up with what’s going on with our audience and community: Jazz luminaries, festival guests, alumni, students, teaching artists, community partners, donors and local businesses.
- Gather and share community insights to help support brand growth and awareness
- Use social listening to monitor all daily social media content and platforms for mentions and trending topics
- 2-3 years of experience working in social media, with love for music and jazz knowledge a huge plus.
- Proficient knowledge across platforms; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and other appropriate emerging platforms
- 1-2 years creating video and social media ideal for non-profit organization, basic video editing skills preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to build relationships with internal and external teams
- Strong copywriter skills
- Self-starter with the ability to follow processes as well as conceive new ideas
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creative forward-thinker
- Trend tracker: someone who knows what is happening across platforms and can identify ways to integrate the brand.
- Enjoys being behind the camera in consideration of social content creation
- Innovative and creative in approaching ways to expand the business
- Proficient MS Office Suite skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude who work both collaboratively as well as independently, with creative thinking and problem-solving multitasking skills
Job Type: Part-Time 15-20/hrs., Contract
Hourly Rate: $25-30/hr., remote-friendly
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
JAZZ HOUSE KiDS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
About JAZZ HOUSE KiDS:
JAZZ HOUSE KiDS has been swinging doors open for 19 years, and our emerging musicians are soloing and singing their way to greatness. We use America’s original musical art form to stimulate students’ creative self-expression, personal growth and collective engagement. JAZZ HOUSE KiDS does whatever it takes to build tomorrow’s community leaders and global citizens through jazz and keep our promise to serve all students regardless of their financial circumstances. JAZZ HOUSE KiDS believes in jazz as an essential cultural expression to be celebrated through performance, education and advocacy. We use authentic jazz programming advanced by practitioners of the art form as a gateway to student achievement on and off the bandstand, boosting students’ academic outcomes, improving life skills, and increasing civic engagement.