Title: Executive Liaison
Location: Montclair, NJ
Salary Range: $70k – $75k
At JAZZ HOUSE KiDS, we believe the uniquely American artform of jazz, universally loved, has the power to ignite our creativity and create meaningful connections through our differences. As an improvised tradition, jazz promotes healthy risk-taking, creative leadership and collaboration. Jazz is an authentic and essential cultural expression that has the power to transform lives and build communities.
For twenty years, the JAZZ HOUSE has been an instrument for change providing young people, especially from under-resourced communities and adults with access, learning, career development, and community building. We use jazz and the joy of music, advanced by master musicians, as a gateway to student achievement. Every day we keep our promise to build community leaders and develop global citizens through America’s original art form of jazz.
The successful candidate will have considerable high-level administrative experience and possess four critical qualities: adaptability, communication, curiosity and organization.
The Executive Liaison needs minimal supervision and has the ability to anticipate needs and improves time, information, and makes the decision processes more effective by overseeing meeting follow up, ensures projects are on task and provides the President with regular updates. The Executive Liaison works one-on-one with the President and ensures the day-to-day management of all aspects of keeping the President organized and focused on higher level organizational priorities. The Executive Liaison will often attend meetings with the President and members of the staff onsite and off, standin for the President when unavailable, and will often be the main point of contact for the President with department heads and eternal partners.
The successful candidate will have the ability to contribute to the organizational priorities and activate our long-term vision and growth strategies in support of our mission. The Executive Liaison possesses the utmost discretion, professionalism, goes-above and beyond, and a positive attitude as a representative of the office of the President, the Board of Directors and the wider organization.
Your Impact at the JAZZ HOUSE
- Coordinate workflows, communication and advance time management to support the President.
- Serve as a critical point of contact between the President and board of directors with department heads and the team and eternal partners, families and stakeholders.
- Manage a dynamic calendar and email, understand the President’s key priorities to ensure that the Office of the President is spending time in the most effective and impactful way.
- Oversee the organization of the President’s cloud-based project management tool, and work to structure those projects and meet deadlines.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and with all department heads to advance key priorities and meeting follow up
- Manage to tight deadlines, competing priorities and foster a can-do-spirit
- Perform a wide range of administrative tasks including calendaring, note taking, research, report and meeting preparation, drafting and proofreading correspondence, and special projects.
- Publish agendas and formulate supporting materials for meetings and associated follow-up tasks and events.
- Take meeting notes and provide summaries, and track action items.
- Directly oversee special projects and assignments in coordination with the board, staff and committees or stakeholders.
- Support board functions, including communications with board and committee members; preparing select board materials and advancing meetings; provide room and hospitality set up for meetings and the annual retreats; attend meetings as needed.
- Support signature events and performances, handle travel arrangements and hospitality and concerned with the look and feel of our activities
- Maintain contact lists and ensure key information of the organization is current.
- Exercise diplomacy, tact, and judgment in interacting with board members, staff, families, donors and other constituents.
- An effective communicator with the presence to serve as an inspiring spokesperson for the JAZZ HOUSE with all organizational stakeholders, and the general public formally and informally.
- An ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- A track record of working in a collaborative environment and successfully managing special projects and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred or requisite experience and/or certification
- Minimum of six years of administrative experience.
- Event, production or program launch experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Mac O/S, Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Suite, and Zoom.
- Advanced administrative skills in mail merge, data management, record keeping
- Cloud-based project management software experience (Asana, Monday.com, or similar).
- Tech-savvy with a curiosity to improve technical skills.
- Devoted to the JAZZ HOUSE, jazz, diversity, cultural competency, youth development, community building and inclusion.
- Air traffic controller, integrator, de-escalator, communicator.
- Confidant without an organizational agenda.
- Values transparency and teamwork.
- Takes pride in personal work product and working environment.
- A pacesetter, problem solver, sweats the details, ability to juggle and prioritize issues, troubleshooter and enjoys managing multiple tasks.
- A sense of humor.
- Jazz lover!
JAZZ HOUSE KiDS is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.
Location: JAZZ HOUSE KiDS, Montclair, New Jersey
Schedule: Approximate daily commitment 8:30am-5:30 pm, ability to work extended evenings as workflow necessitates or occasional weekends, to attend pre-scheduled leadership or committee meetings,ability to attend select performances and events
Status: This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the President + Founder.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Liaison, JAZZ HOUSE KiDS” in the email’s subject line.
WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND VALUE YOUR TALENT AND PROFESSIONALISM